Start Date: ASAP
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Salary: Grade 9, Point 25, £35,000.00
Benefits: Daily allowance for breakfast and lunch
Hours: 40 Hours per week, 52 weeks per year - rotating shift pattern, 6.00am to 2.30pm and 12.30pm to 9.00pm.
Corby Technical School is a free school that opened in September 2012. The school was rated as Outstanding in our recent Ofsted inspection, and we would be looking to employ a person who shares our aspirations for excellence.
We are seeking to appoint a Site Manager to work within the site team to start as soon as possible. There will be the opportunity to provide support to other site teams across the Brooke Weston Trust. The ideal candidate may already have experience in working in a school environment, but the prime requirement is that they are personable, friendly, adaptable and able to work both within a team and under their own initiative. This will be a busy and demanding position.
The person appointed will be able to communicate at all levels, with students, staff, parents and the local community as necessary. Normal working hours will a rotating shift pattern of 6.00am to 2.30pm and 12.30pm to 9.00pm. There will be the need to adapt these hours on occasion to suit the needs of the school, i.e. adverse weather conditions. This is a 52 week contract so will include working during school holidays.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about ensuring our school buildings are fit for purpose for all of our users and be focused on working to deliver excellent facilities.
- Be responsible for delivering a comprehensive site management service to schools, deploying site team colleagues and resources effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the school.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with contractors and specialists.
- The role will require both planned preventative maintenance and a proactive approach to project work so that our schools remain great places for our children and young people to learn.
- Have a significant focus on compliance with statutory regulations, ensuring we maintain safe places for our students, colleagues and visitors. Working with and reporting to central colleagues will be part of the role and support our strong governance culture.
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Smith, on 01536 213100 or email@example.com . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
- Write a letter of application on no more than one side of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February
Responsible for the security of the premises and related health and safety, maintenance and cleaning within the school.
- Be responsible for ensuring the security of school buildings and site. Act as a designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site.
- Responsible for regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment.
- Develop and implement the annual long term maintenance requirements to support a cost effective maintenance programme.
- Responsible for the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms).
- Responsible for ensuring regular maintenance checks and follow-up actions are carried out.
- Arrange tenders and quotes and manage the appointment of external contractors. Responsible for contractors whilst on site and ensure work is completed to the required standard.
- Arrange for general maintenance within specialist areas such as heating, lighting and plumbing to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Management of the site and grounds team ensuring a prompt and efficient service is provided at all times.
- Management of the designated site budget, under supervision of senior staff.
- Management of planning, monitoring, and operation of contingency arrangements.
- To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required from time to time.
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
- Transporting on a school minibus academy staff and/or pupils as and when required (full accreditation and licensing required).
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example swimming pools and sports/theatrical equipment.
- Provide formal training on health and safety issues to other staff.