We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, enthusiastic colleague with lots of initiative to join our staff and oversee all aspects of site management. You will be expected to work with minimal supervision adopting a common sense approach to support the School Business Manager in accordance with the practices, procedures and requirements of the School. You will be responsible for organising and managing the work activities of yourself and the Assistant Caretaker to ensure outstanding support is available during the school day and beyond. The main duties of the site team include security of the premises and its contents, general maintenance of all internal and external areas including maintenance and operation of plant, porterage, grounds maintenance. The postholder will also support the activities of the West London Teaching Alliance by setting up training rooms as required.
As Site Manager, you will have responsibility for all Health & Safety aspects of the facilities ensuring compliance to all current legislation/requirements. In addition, you will manage the Assistant Caretaker. You will have financial responsibility for managing costs associated with maintenance and ad hoc contractors. The successful candidate is expected to be able to respond to emergency ‘out of hours’ situations promptly and to hold a full Driving Licence.
This is a key role at Montpelier Primary School and the successful candidate needs to:
- Have solid previous experience of working in a school environment
- Have a good understanding of safety and an ability to identify and mitigate risks to pupils and staff
- be honest, reliable and hard working
- be able to work using their own initiative
- be able to demonstrate an ability to identify and carry out minor repairs and DIY tasks
- be able to effectively prioritise their workload
- be committed to achieving high standards in their work
- be willing to attend courses to develop their expertise
- Have satisfactory written and verbal English skills as communication is by email or telephone.
- Have satisfactory computer skills as site monitoring checks are recorded electronically.
In return, we can offer you
- A competitive salary for the role
- 24 days annual leave plus national holidays
- A supportive management team
- A friendly and harmonious working environment
- Your own office
- An iPad
- On-site parking
- Subsidised school lunches
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- An opportunity to become part of an engaged and forward-thinking school community
To apply please download the application form, job description and person specification and email your completed application to the school. (Please note only electronic applications will be accepted).
School visits are actively encouraged for this role and can be made by arrangement with the School Business Manager, Bridget Power. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Please return completed applications to Bridget Power, School Business Manager at the email address on the application form.
Montpelier Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.