We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, proactive and well-motivated person for the position of Site Manager to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be ready to take on any task that can arise in a busy primary school. This role will take responsibility for the supervision and provision of high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school buildings and grounds and take pride in the school site. This is a key role that would suit someone with excellent DIY skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an approachable and confident manner allowing communication with a wide variety of people including our pupils
- Be a nominated key holder and be the first point of contact in an emergency
- Open and close the buildings on a daily basis and for evening meetings and lettings
- Be available to attend call outs for alarms and emergencies
- Have a background in or experience of building management/maintenance
- Have an understanding and application of the requirements and legal obligations regarding Health & Safety across the site
- Have responsibility for arranging, liaising with and monitoring contractors
- Ensure copies of all statutory compliance reports, log books, certificates and documentation are up to date and systems are inspected regularly
- Have responsibility for risk assessments, COSHH, monitoring and recording etc.
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times, by line managing and motivating a small team of cleaners, and also undertaking some cleaning duties
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have experience in site maintenance, people management and IT skills
In return we will offer:
- Training in all areas relating to facilities and building services – some examples include, Health and Safety, Risk Management, Management of Contractors
- A supportive and friendly staff team
- A team committed to supporting professional development
Hours of Work – Split Shift – 37 hours per week, 43 weeks per year:
- 7.00am – 11.00am and 2.30pm – 6.00pm (Monday to Thursday)
- 7.00am – 11.00am and 3.00pm – 6.00pm (Friday)
Holidays are taken outside of school terms. During school holidays the pattern of working hours may be different.
Salary Grade 6 point 8-13 £19,945 to £22,021 (pro rata) Actual Salary £18,798 to £20,754
The school has occasional after school activities which will need to be covered which will attract additional overtime payments.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact the school office to make an appointment. Alternatively, please contact the school business manager Karen Luker via the school email address. Please note we are currently adhering to social distancing guidelines.
This post is subject to a six month probationary period.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form.
Seven Fields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will require an Enhanced DBS check. We welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Seven Fields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. References may be obtained prior to interview. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure, Disqualification Declaration and proof of Right to Work in the UK.