Ferndale Primary & Nursery School is part of The Blue Kite Academy Trust, a growing family of schools based in Swindon.
The staff and governors of Ferndale Primary & Nursery School are offering a new and exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team.
We wish to appoint a hardworking and friendly Site manager to contribute to the smooth running of the school and to support the Headteacher and her leadership team.
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- Onsite parking.
Basic DIY/maintenance skills with an understanding of the workings of heating, plumbing and electrical systems
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Positive, cheerful outlook, excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player
- Time management.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- Previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (lettings).
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact us for an informal conversation by calling the school office if they wish.
The hours of work required are 7am-4pm Monday to Thursday and 7am-1pm Friday.(37 hours per week) with an unpaid break during the day. There may be some requirement for duties to be undertaken outside of the normal working day or at weekends.
Full-time contract/52 weeks per year. Minimum 33 days per annum (inc bank holidays) depending on service. Timings of annual leave to be agree.
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th October 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 6th October 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Interview date: Friday 9th October 2020
Ferndale Primary and Nursery School are part of The Blue Kite Academy Trust, who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is therefore imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. Disclosure & Barring Service(DBS)clearance, references and proof of right to work in the UK will be obtained prior to an appointment.