Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is a large, vibrant and popular school set over 2 sites: the Scotland Road Campus (107 years old) and a newly constructed second site in Highbury Vale, the Kersall Drive Campus (5 years old). Following the retirement of one of our Site Managers we are seeking to appoint a new Site Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will work to support the school within all areas of maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety and security. You will support the Executive Head Teacher and Heads of School by playing a key role in: the management of the school site, including key holder responsibilities; day to day maintenance tasks to ensure a safe and high quality learning environment; and the hygiene and cleanliness of your allocated campus. You will work in partnership with the Senior Site Manager to ensure continuity across both school campuses.
The successful candidate will have experience to effectively supervise other site staff including external contractors as well as the ability to work from their own initiative and under the supervision of Senior Leaders, School Business Manager and Senior Site Manager.
At Heathfield you will find a dedicated staff team who work very closely together to ensure pupils are well looked after, in a safe environment representing high standards with a vibrant ethos that is highly conducive to learning.
Our new Site Manager will need:
- To demonstrate a technical ability and knowledge (Grade F only)
- To be capable at DIY (Grade E)
- To take a pride in our school
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures including asbestos, fire safety and legionella control
- To be able to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- To be able to effectively supervise, support and challenge external contractors to ensure safe practices and regulations are adhered to and works are completed to a high standard
- To be highly organised with all aspects of record keeping
- To demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents, children and external contractors
- To be able to work successfully as part of the Heathfield Premises Team
In return the successful candidate will:
- Work with and alongside enthusiastic, friendly and well behaved children
- Be joining a highly committed, talented and open-minded staff team
- Work with a supportive and experienced Governing body
- Have access to quality professional development
- Contribute to the development of our campuses at Heathfield
Despite the current restrictions, we would welcome visits to the school once the school day is complete and paying due regard to Hands – Face – Space. Please contact the School Business Manager to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate is essential as well as completion of the Staff Suitability Declaration for this post.
Interested candidates should contact Steve Whitehead to request an information pack which will then require you to complete the Nottingham City Application Form and provide a covering letter, outlining your strengths, experience, skills and attributes (two sides of A4 maximum) with reference to the Job Description and Person Specification. It must be made clear which Grade the applicant is applying for.
- Closing date: Monday 9th November 2020, 4pm
- Shortlisting date: 10th November 2020
- Interviews: w/b 16th November 2020
Site Manager without a specialism Grade E (point 12 -19) £22,183 - £25,481
Site Manager with a technical specialism Grade F (point 20 – 24) £25,991 – £28,672
Safeguarding statement: Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate is essential for this post.