Haydonleigh Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, capable and skilled non-resident Site Manager to join our friendly staff team. Our current successful Site Manager is retiring in February 2021 and we are looking for someone with the same enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to continue supporting the school. Ensuring we meet all our statutory obligations, keeping the building well maintained and a safe environment for children, staff and visitors.
- Full time 37 Hours per week – flexible working hours, working between 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 4.00pm Friday as required by the school.
- 52 weeks of the year.
- Employment to start in February 2021.
- Salary: NJC L grade £20,206 to £23,226 depending on experience
The successful candidate will be:
- able to work efficiently on his/her own initiative
- well organised
- a good team member
- willing to take an active part in the life of the school
- responsible for relevant polices/codes of practice/legislation, including health and safety procedures and precautions/ COSHH regulations
- capable of training and managing cleaning staff
- able and responsible for a range of tasks including repairs, redecoration, general upkeep of the site and maintaining site security
Suitable candidates will need to be hardworking with a good all round knowledge of building and associated trades and a willingness to work flexible hours including over weekends and evenings, if required.
Visitors regularly comment about the lovely atmosphere within our school, our great pupils and welcoming staff who create a wonderful supportive environment for everyone. Our Site Manager is a visible role within the school; applicants should have a pleasant and professional manner with children with a good understanding of Safeguarding regulations.
We would recommend that applicants in the first instance view the virtual tour of the school building on our website and are welcome to contact us to arrange a visit to the school by contacting the school office by telephone on 01793-700443 to make an appointment to view the school.
Closing date for applications: noon on Monday 7th December 2020.
Interviews will be held: During the week commencing 14th December 2020
Haydonleigh School is committed to safer working practices and has an open and live safeguarding culture. Please spend some time looking at our Safeguarding Policy on our website.
All posts are appointed by the Governors and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure and medical clearance. Swindon Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of an enhanced DBS criminal records check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.