Built in 2012, The Sir Robert Woodard Academy boasts modern facilities arising from a £39m BSF contract. Recent years have seen capital additions of over £250k, contributing to a wide range of internal facilities such as fitness suite, theatre, sports hall, and sixth form. As the school grows in popularity, there is likely to be further expansion and development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and professionally qualified Site Manager to join the academy as soon as possible. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the key areas of responsibility will fall into four main categories and the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate proven experience and an excellent understanding of these:-
• People Management
• Project Management
• Estates Management
• Compliance and Health and Safety
This is a senior role in the academy and calls for vision, a whole-school approach and an understanding of how the learning environment contributes to the overall teaching and learning experience for the child.
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy, part of the Woodard family of schools, is a thriving 11–18 academy, serving primarily the students of Lancing, Sompting and Shoreham. We are committed to ensuring that every student is known and nurtured and is provided with teaching and learning experiences that allow them to fulfil their potential.
Sir Robert Woodard Academy staff benefit from the following:-
• a modern and spacious working environment;
• strong and supportive collegial relationships;
• the opportunity for professional growth and development;
• free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• childcare voucher scheme;
• cycle to work scheme.
Quotes from last Ofsted report, Feb 2018:
"Staff morale is high."
"Pupils’ behaviour is good…Pupils come to lessons ready to learn.”
“An atmosphere of mutual trust and respect are strengths of the school.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2020 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
Opportunities for staff professional development
Support from line managers,
Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
Induction of new staff
Students' respect for staff/others.
The successful applicant will:-
• have excellent project management skills and experience
• have proven team leadership experience
• demonstrate exceptional management qualities
• have a natural ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
• evidence a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
• display extensive technical knowledge of building services
• be forward thinking and adaptable
• be well-organised with a sound work ethic
• have a critical eye for detail
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• develop good working relationships quickly, with a wide range of people
• manage a varied and complex workload and be able to problem solve with initiative
• monitor a budget efficiently and cost effectively
• have an excellent level of physical fitness
• take pride in the role and the premises and expect the same of others in the team
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy is a lively, fast-paced, passionate, demanding yet rewarding place to work. If you want to work with a team of people who love what they do and are prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve results, and you want to work near Brighton, with all its rich cultural opportunities, then this may be the place for you.
The salary for this position is NJC SCP 31-25: currently £34,728 - £38,890 per annum (depending on qualifications, experience, skills and management qualities).
Annual leave entitlement is 25 days, plus all bank holidays.
Hours are 37 per week, Monday-Friday, working various shifts, plus call-outs and occasional evening/weekend working required.
The Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 31 January 2021 - but may be extended
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.