Band 7, Point 10-17
Permanent, Full time
Lapage Primary School is a 3-form entry school and founding member of Nurture Academies Trust. We are situated in Bradford, close to the border of Leeds. Lapage is a school where every pupil matters and as a result they are extremely happy, feel safe and enjoy school.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and committed Site Manager who will be responsible for the development and operation of a planned preventative maintenance programme, daily repairs and the cleanliness of our school site.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can develop and implement an annual programme of works, ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, maintaining accurate records and producing information for school leaders as required
- Is responsible for contract management and can develop good working relationships with contractors / agency staff
- Is responsible for building security, fire prevention, alarm systems, and the school heating system
- Is able to maintain high standards of workmanship and hygiene throughout the site, and be competent and confident in carrying out minor building maintenance where necessary
- Is responsible for the line management of premises staff, such as Caretaker, Cleaners and Apprentice caretaker
- Values every child and the religious/ cultural diversity of our school
- Has a flexible approach to work, is able to organise and prioritise workload, friendly and sympathetic to pupils, parents, staff and other stakeholders of the school
- Is able to work with other Nurture Trust Site Managers to develop collaborative working across our schools.
Key experience and qualifications:
- Will possess good literacy, ICT and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent) Maths and English
- Will have caretaking, cleaning/site-keeping experience in a school and knowledge of cleaning procedures required to meet specified cleaning standards
- Will have knowledge and understanding of SLA and updates
- Will have knowledge of the use of ICT systems and willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
You can benefit from:
- Working with friendly, supportive and dedicated staff, governors and parents
- Being part of a wider Trust team of six school sites, with regular networking across similar roles
- Children who are enthusiastic about their learning and with excellent behaviour
- Regular meetings with Line Manager and full support with continuing professional development
Visits to the school can be arranged, please contact Pam Kundi, School Business Manager, on 01274-669100.
Closing date and shortlisting for applications is 12 noon, Monday 1st March 2021
Interviews will be held on the afternoon of Friday 5th March 2021
(please ensure you are available on this date, should you be asked for attend an interview).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced
DBS check and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Lapage Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.