Required for September 2021
Full time (split shifts), Permanent
All year round
Salary Grade E point 12-19 (£22,183 - £25,481FTE)
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become our Site Manager.
We are a long established and inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults and a passion for developing the whole child. We have an amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Site Manager who can contribute to maintaining, improving and developing our learning environment both inside and out.
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School can offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated staff team
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and the community
• The opportunity to develop, access professional development opportunities (at any stage of your career) and network with colleagues in partnership with Transform Trust
• Employee Wellbeing and benefits package as a member of Transform Trust
Main Responsibilities are:
• To be responsible for ongoing maintenance and operation of heating, lighting and boiler plant/equipment, ensuring all faults are reported and dealt with in a timely fashion.
• To assist with planning/overseeing all minor building works and repairs including obtaining quotes, liaising with suppliers, overseeing contractors and monitoring service level agreements.
• To report on progress and provide advice to the head teacher on all minor building works and repairs.
• To assume delegated responsibility for ensuring compliance to statutory regulations relating to, for example asbestos, PAT and legionella testing and to undertake risk assessments
• To be responsible for the security of the school premises and its contents.
• To be responsible for the day to day supervision of cleaning staff, ensuring standards of cleanliness are maintained. To undertake cleaning duties (interior and exterior) as and when required.
• To attend school premises in cases of emergency e.g. intruders, fire, floods etc.
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
• have high standards and will take pride in making our school an exceptional learning environment
• can maintain and improve the appearance of the school, including repairs and maintenance
• is enthusiastic, self-motivated and has the ability to use their own initiative
• can manage health and safety and premises issues, including logs and risk assessments
• can organise their time effectively and communicate well with contractors and stakeholders
• will work in partnership with the cleaning team
• understands the benefit of enrichment or after school activities
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• a happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and we would as you to contact the school office to arrange a tour.
How to apply
Please download an application form from Transform Trust website
Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Heather Stannard
Closing date for applications : Friday 19th March at 9am
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools. We are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.