SITE MANAGER (Secondary schools)
Full-time, 37 hours per week (part-time hours and flexible working options will be considered) all year round position.
SALARY: VTG9, SP26-SP29 £24,343 – £26,999 per annum (subject to experience) plus Health Cash Plan and Benefit package (see website for full details of our employee benefit package).
Requirement to travel between Trust schools on a regular and even daily basis.
Venturers Trust is a new Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 740 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol.
Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
A vacancy has arisen for a Site Manager to work with the Trust Central Estates team and lead the site maintenance and development of the secondary school sites, Colston’s Girls’ School and Merchants’ Academy.
The Trust is looking for an enthusiastic, able and experienced Site Manager to lead improvements and standards in site general management, through working closely with the caretaking teams. The role will support the caretaker work allocation and assessment of work tasks, quality assure, train and upskill existing workforce, whilst managing contractors on site.
A key initiative will be to work with the Trust central estates team to drive service level improvements as well as communication and evaluation of contractors’ delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
• Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
• English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Relevant further qualifications as well as considerable experience in site related skills eg carpentry, building, plumbing etc
• Full driving licence with access to a vehicle to access Trust sites (mileage reimbursed)
• Must be able to drive Trust vehicles to achieve trust business objectives
• Experience of working in a supervisory or advisory role
• Excellent ICT skills to be able to work with Trust online portals and systems
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Experience of working within a sites or estates management role, running a team
• Previous experience of working with, negotiating, advising and monitoring contractor work
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th November 2019 at 9:00.
Interviews: w/c 2nd December 2019
Due to the expected volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
The Trust reserves the right to withdraw this advert, given this role is advertised in multiple places.
Venturers Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.