Academy Transformation Trust believes that all children should receive a first class education and are well prepared for their life ahead academically, personally, emotionally and professionally. We are committed to our responsibility to support, challenge and guide our academies and their staff to ensure success.
To contribute to the smooth running of the school by carrying out a range of duties and overseeing, and being present during the use of the premises, during the evening, weekends or public holidays and undertaking relevant duties associated with this use of the premises.
Assisting the organising of the caretaking and cleaning operations of the academy and undertaking effective supervision, caretaking, maintenance, health & safety and security of the site and related resources.
• To attend and carry out security and any safety procedures for the buildings and grounds, including routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds and reception of visitors for lettings
• To carry out primary and secondary cleaning as part of the cleaning team When required
• site maintenance, repair and planned improvements
• site security
• health and safety
• covering Site Manager responsibilities in his absence
• Dealing with enquiries from hirers, users, external agencies, contractors and workmen as required.
• Attempting to prevent trespass and the unauthorised parking of vehicles on the premises or grounds.
• Preparing the premises for any out of school activities and clearing up after these activities
• Setting out reasonable equipment and/or furniture for lettings
• Operating the heating plant so that required temperatures are maintained in the premises and that an adequate supply of hot water is available. Carry out frost precaution procedures.
• Report any problems/issues arising from the use of the premises including drawing attention of the Site Manager, as appropriate, any issues relating to the use of the premises which may need attention (e.g. repairs and maintenance, conduct of users, etc.)
• assist in the daily management and operation of the site team:
o ensuring that agreed working rotas (school and holiday working) are carried out
o adapting rotas to cover absence or other circumstances
• assist in ensuring the provision of adequate supplies of caretaking equipment and materials
• assist in ensuring that all caretaking equipment is in safe working condition
Health & safety
• ensuring the implementation and compliance with appropriate Codes of Practice throughout the school (in relation to premises, caretaking and cleaning issues) in liaison with the Site Manager
• assisting in monitoring the appropriate (premises, caretaking and cleaning related) Health and Safety procedures in use in the academy and reporting any issues to the Site Manager.
• Such other duties relating to the use of the premises and site as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with established local practice or with the reasonable requirements of the school and Governing Body.
• The duties may be varied by the Principal and/or Governing Body to meet changed circumstances in a manner compatible with the post held.
The Hathaway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with current and past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service.