Social, Emotional and Mental Health Resource Base Leader
Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
Pay scale: ILPS + TLR2b (£4,942) / NJC Scale SO1 (23-25 - £32,301-33,474) (Pro-rata, term time only)
Work pattern: Full-time if teaching staff/ TTO for support staff
Required for: September or November 2022
Deadline to apply: Midday, Wednesday 29 June 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
As an inclusive school, we are very proud to have the Social, Emotional and Mental Health Resource Base at The Elmgreen School. The resource base is now in its fourth year and we are looking for a leader to continue to create and build an outstanding resource base.
The focus of the role is to work with our students who require Social, Emotional and Mental Health support and develop an alternative curriculum and manage a team to ensure the students achieve their full potential.
The skills required, apart from patience and a desire to see students develop and succeed, are a good understanding of special educational needs and managing student behaviour. You will be leading a team of Teaching Assistants, so teamwork and excellent organisation are also essential.
Support for Students
- Support identified students’ learning and track their progress and achievement accordingly.
- Supervise and provide particular support for students identified to support their behaviour for learning.
- Create and implement alternative timetables combining mainstream lessons with interventions and therapeutic support.
- Manage and identify interventions to remove barriers to learning and ensure success for students within the base.
Support for Teachers
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher in the mainstream classroom, to support students to achieve behaviour for learning goals.
- Assist with the planning of interventions to support students with SEMH or who are subject to PSPs. Monitor students’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement and progress as directed within interventions.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.