Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Spanish Teacher
Grade: MPS/ UPS £23,720 - £39,406
Accountable to: Head of MFL
In 2017 Leeds East Academy was the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country. The academy sustained progress in line with National yet again during 2018 and during our monitoring Ofsted inspection they commented that leadership is strong at the school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Spanish to join our passionate team, who are committed to ensuring all students continue to achieve beyond their potential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of young people.
The department works collaboratively to develop both learning experiences and professional growth. Staff at all levels feel well developed by both our departmental and whole school CPD programmes.
Role: - To teach Spanish to key stage 3 and 4 students achieving positive outcomes for all groups.
Classroom Teachers - Expectations of all Academy staff:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
• Assist the Head of MFL in the tracking, monitoring and intervention of underperforming students
• Conduct weekly speaking exam practice with exam groups
• Supporting with the Transition of KS2 – KS3 students learning a Modern Foreign Language
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Assist with the coordination of all Heritage Language courses & examinations plus tracking and implantation of support where appropriate for these students.
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, The Luminate Education Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: 29th April 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: 29th April 9.00 am
Interview Date: 2nd / 3rd May 2019
Start Date: September 2019
To apply, please complete the application form by the closing date of 29th April 9.00 am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The Governors and Executive Principal of Leeds East Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and ensuring that safer recruiting procedures are in place. All appointments are subject to a DBS Check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.
Leeds East Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.