Would you like to join us on our journey to become an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community? Do you care enough to want to make a significant difference to the lives of our amazing students? This is an opportunity to provide administrative support to our special needs and safeguarding teams. The main focus of this role is to provide support to our SENCo and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
The Dorcan Academy is a popular 11-16 school with an exciting and enriching curriculum, and a myriad of learning experiences. We are located on the eastern edge of Swindon, within easy reach of the scenic Cotswolds and nearby Bath, Bristol and Oxford. We are an inclusive, caring school with friendly staff with high expectations of ourselves; and students have a positive attitude to learning. The school prides itself on challenging, supporting and developing staff and students, so that we are the best we can be. Our vision is to be an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community. We aim to do this through:
1) Exceptional achievement for every student.
2) High quality teaching that inspires and engages minds through an exciting and creative curriculum.
3) An inclusive school where everyone is valued, cared for and nurtured in an extraordinary way.
4) Enabling students to stand out as model citizens, aspiring to make a difference to the lives of others through their exemplary behaviour and attitudes.
5) Raising the aspirations of all stakeholders through a shared culture and vision to strive towards outstanding in all areas.
At The Dorcan Academy we promote five core values of Belonging, Purpose, Aspiration, Perseverance and Achievement and seek to develop in our students the personal qualities of Justice, Honesty, Integrity, Confidence, Responsibility, Independence and Respect.
Closing Date: Monday 2 December 2019 at noon
Hours: 27 paid hours
Salary: NJC Points 5-6 (£18,795 - £19,171 FTE)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Dorcan Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.