PS3 - £18,013 – 18,957 FTE (36 hrs per week) this role is for only 32.5 hours per week. Fixed Term contract from 1st September 2021 to 31st August 2022. Term time only.
Shawfield Primary School requires a Special Educational Needs Assistant working 32.5 hours per week starting 1st September 2021. Fixed Term contract to 31st August 2022.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Special Educational Needs Assistant to join our friendly, hardworking and supportive team in this popular village school. We are looking for a motivated and dedicated person who is both passionate about supporting children’s learning and committed to keeping children safe.
To work under the overall direction of the SENDCo and class teacher, to provide routine support to the teacher in the care of pupils and management of the classroom. You will specifically be required to provide behaviour, language and learning support to a particular pupil who requires assistance to overcome their barriers to learning.
. It is essential that you:
• Have experience working with young children in a school setting
• Commitment to providing the best for children
• Ability to be open with children and sympathy for their concerns, and to relate in a friendly but firm way to a range of personalities.
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, be welcoming and approachable
Please see Job profile for full Personal Qualities and Skills.
We can offer:
• A friendly and supportive staff who are all committed to the schools continued improvement
• CPD tailored to your needs ensuring your continued personal development
• an Employee Assistance programme
• SCC ‘My rewards’ scheme
Shawfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.