Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Start date: 4th January 2021
Hours: Half a day per week (3 ½ hours)
Salary: £33,010 - £39,050 per annum pro rata (pay award pending) – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
Frenchay is a currently a small but high achieving Primary School. The school is entering an exciting period with a proposed enlargement from 140 pupil capacity to a maximum capacity of 420 pupils in the future. This enlargement will begin with a move to a new building, hoped to be in 2022/23.
Frenchay Primary is a nurturing school who supports the pupils with Special Educational Needs very well. We currently have 6 children with EHCP. The school has recently been visited by OFSTED and was judged to be good.
We are looking for an inspirational SENCO to further develop and lead inclusion and SEN within the school and join our highly committed team. The role is for half a day per week with no teaching responsibility.
The successful candidate will be in the perfect position to develop their skills and experience as we grow as a school over the coming years. This enlargement will provide many training and professional opportunities.
Candidates should have:-
• Qualified Teacher with significant teaching experience.
• The National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards
• Experience of working with children with Special Needs.
• Experience of applying for EHCP, holding annual reviews etc.
• Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
• The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN children.
• Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL.
• To work effectively with the Headteacher and SLT to achieve excellence
• The ability to support and overview the work of teaching assistants working with SEN Children.
• The ability to work with and support parents of pupils who are on the SEN register or have an EHCP.
• Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team.
• Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff.
• The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external Agencies.
We can offer you a warm and welcoming working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated. We have highly effective and well established intervention strategies, a significant number of Teaching Assistants who support working with pupils who have Special Educational Needs. We have a strong and clear vision with an engaging curriculum which develops and celebrates the potential of each child.
Due to COVID_19 restrictions we are only able to accommodate visits to the outside of the school to meet the head teacher and see the site. These are however, welcomed and encouraged. You can also find out more about us from our website.
Please contact the school office for any further information.
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 19th November 2020.
Interviews: 24th November 2020.
Applications should be completed on the South Gloucestershire application form, stating experience, skills and personal qualities.
Frenchay Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Frenchay Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.