2 x Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
G4 - £18,795-£19,171 (Full Time Equivalent) – This salary will be pro-rata
27.5 hours per week (term time only)
Snapethorpe Primary School
Snapethorpe is an outstanding school. ‘The whole school ethos is one of raising aspiration for all.’ – Ofsted June 2017
These are temporary positions in the first instance one due to a maternity leave and the other due to the hopeful additional funding from an application for an Educational Health Care Plan.
We are a happy, caring and large school who are committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all of our children.
Snapethorpe Primary is a busy and dynamic school so there is a lot going on.
We are looking for SEN Teaching Assistant’s with:
• experience of working as a Teaching Assistant across a range of ages, abilities and with 1:1 experience
• good communication skills
• ability to work as part of a team but who can also show initiative and self-motivation
• commitment to helping children learn and make good progress
• optimism, sense of humour and ability to solve problems
This post initially requires the successful applicant to work with either a YR5 pupil who has a diagnosis of ASD as his prime need or a YR1 pupil with complex needs. The pupils need to be supported by a member of staff with experience of working with children and young people presenting with social, emotional and mental health difficulties as well as cognitive difficulties.
In return we can offer you:
• Warm and vibrant school community
• Support and encouragement of a strong Governing Body and Senior Leadership team
• Further training and support with your career advancement
Closing date –Thursday 10th December 2020 @ 12.00pm
Shortlisting – Monday 14th December 2020
Interview – Wednesday 16th December 2020
Start Date – ASAP
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Snapethorpe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.