Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (Permanent)
Required for September 2021
Salary: B2/B3 Point 6-11 - £19,698 – £21,748 annual salary (Pro rata), Term time only (25 hours weekly)
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving and inclusive school at the very heart of the community and parish it serves. We are seeking to appoint a caring, patient and understanding individual who can support both groups and specific individuals, especially in EYFS and Key Stage 1. We are looking for an inspirational and innovative teaching assistant who possesses the skills and passion to ensure every child ‘grows on their journey with Jesus’.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Creative and highly motivated
• Passionate and patient
• Emotionally intelligent
• Able to communicate effectively with children and colleagues
• Be able to become part of an effective team with the responsibility for providing pastoral support to children
• Able to demonstrate high levels of competency in English and Maths
• Able to show initiative and confidence when supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and cherished children who take great pride in attending St Anthony’s
• A fantastic team of dedicated and supportive staff who strive to have an impact on children’s lives
• An attractive, stimulating and well-organised learning environment
• Opportunities to collaborate and use initiative when supporting children
• Opportunities to progress within your area of expertise
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to application; visits can be arranged (and are positively welcomed) by contacting the school on 0113-2776944 or by emailing the headteacher, Miss Lisa Leonard (see attached advert for full details)
Application packs are available to download from our school website. Please use the CES application form.
Closing date: Friday 25th June at 12 noon
Interview dates: Tuesday 29th June
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our GDPR guidelines and policies are adhered to and displayed on our school website.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and must be prepared to apply for ISA registration if required.
We promote diversity and desire a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
St Anthony's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.