LEVEL 1 SPECIAL NEEDS ASSISTANT
Everychild Trust is delighted to be opening their new Nursery in September 2020. Leaps Nursery is located in Reigate, Surrey.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Special Needs Assistant who is able to work with an individual child who has additional needs. You will work alongside the Nursery staff and with the SENDCo. In addition, you will also be required to cover a lunch duty, allowing for other staff members to take a break.
Previous experience in this role is an advantage, but it is not a requirement.
Duties – under the direction of the Manager & SENDCo
• To assist and support a child with additional needs
• To liaise with the SENDCo, the Manager and the parents
• To provide targeted support as outlined in the child’s individual support plan
• To liaise with the SENDCo to deliver the SEN provision
• To support self-help skills (putting coat on, toileting, hand washing)
• To support the child during group time, snack time and transitions
• To support and model language and play skills
• To complete any necessary paperwork to ensure activities and progress are tracked and recorded accurately
• To understand and follow the Everychild Trust procedures and policies
• During the lunch sessions, to serve and support children as necessary
• To promote Equal Opportunities within the setting
• To maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
• To adhere to health and safety, following guidance, reporting concerns, following the fire policy and procedures
• All employees are employed by Everychild Trust and whilst there is not a specific policy with regard to moving location, all staff will be expected to work flexibly across the Trust and in the best interests of the children as deemed necessary
• Duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the Trust
• Additional hours may be available with prior agreement
(This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the particular duties as set out above)
• 9.00 – 12.00 as SNA, 12.00 – 12.30 as lunch cover, making 17.5 hours per week.
• FTE - £17,663 to £18,607 pro rata, dependent on experience and qualifications
• Friday 14th August at 5.00pm, with interviews in August
• 1st September 2020
Every Child Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.