We are looking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic and caring Special Needs Assistant to join our supportive and hardworking team to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil with ASD in Year R.
The primary purpose of the post is to support the child in accessing the curriculum and making progress towards their targets
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
• Previous experience working with children with autism and the delivery of specific autistic strategies is desirable
• Ability to respond to the needs of a child with flexibility and initiative
• Experience of delivery of OT, S&L and/or PT programme
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults including school staff, outside professionals and parents.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
• Have high expectations and a commitment to supporting children
• Demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills, (GCSE A-C in Maths & English or equivalent)
• Have (or be willing to undertake) relevant first aid qualifications
• Implement learning activities to enable the child to access the curriculum
• Help the child to develop appropriate interactions with peers and adults
• Have a willingness to learn new skills
• Have the ability to build the child’s self-esteem
• Use a variety of positive behaviour management strategies
• Plan and review regularly with the class teacher
• Meet regularly with the Inclusion Manager and contribute to Individual Education Plans and reviews of EHCP
• Be an excellent team player
• Be organised and able to work independently and under pressure
• A calm and professional manner
• An understanding of the Early Years curriculum is desirable
• Have a positive outlook and a good sense of humour
This contract will be on a temporary basis, reviewed regularly as long as the child remains at the school and the EHC plan remains in place.Part-time hours 30 hours a week
. Please note that you must complete a Good Shepherd Trust Application Form and not a Hampshire County Council Application form.
The Holme Church of England Primary School and the Good Shepherd Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.