Special Needs Assistant Vacancy
Papillon House School, set in extensive woodlands in Tadworth, Surrey, is an independent day school for children and young people with profound autism and associated challenging behaviours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Special Needs Assistant, working term time only, to join our excellent, friendly staff team in September 2022.
Whilst being supported by this team, you will work in small classes, supporting the planning, preparing and delivering of learning activities and the recognition of pupil achievement both in class and at activities such as swimming, horse riding, playtime, leisure and lunchtimes. We will support and encourage your continuing learning in working with pupils with autism.
- Monday to Friday during term time
- 15 weeks paid School Holidays
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to understand and support people with developmental difficulty or disability
- Knowledge or Awareness of Autism
- Knowledge or Awareness of Challenging Behaviour
- Have passion and belief in helping our pupils to achieve their full potential
Papillon House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.