Knowle Park Primary School
1 Special Needs Learning Support Assistant
Our supportive and friendly primary school are looking for a patient, flexible and resourceful person to join our caring, committed, Learning Support Team and to work within the Key stage 1 team working 1:1 with a named child. The job requires the following skills:
• To have knowledge and experience of SEND especially Autism
• To have knowledge and experience of special needs within a school setting
• To liaise with outside agencies and attend related meetings
• To put recommended actions into place in the classroom
• To communicate with parents daily
• Secure experience of supporting and guiding children in the KS1 curriculum
• Knowledge of writing, reading and phonic development
• A passion and commitment to children achieving their potential.
• Reliability and good organisation skills
Length of contract: This contract is attached to a named child and is dependent on Top Up funding which will be applied for in November 2019
The contract is for 19.5 hours per week. Term time only.
Monday – Friday 8.45 – 12.15 and 1 afternoon 1.15 - 3.15pm at present.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th June @12.00 midday
Short listing: Wednesday 26th June
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd July
Job Type: Teaching Assistant
Expiry: Reviewed November 2019 based on High Needs funding application.
Employer: Knowle Park Primary School
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Salary: Bristol grade 5, scale pt 12. Salary £15,523 - £16,572 (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract to November 2019 initially when funding will be reapplied for.
Knowle Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.