Knowle Park Primary School
Special Needs Learning Support Assistant
Length of contract: September 2019 to April 2020 morning hours. The afternoon hours are from Sept 19-Dec 19 and are dependent on securing Top Up funding in November.
Our supportive and friendly primary school are looking for a patient, flexible and resourceful person to join our caring, committed, Learning Support Team, to work with 2 children in Reception and Year 1, within and outside of the classroom. The job requires the following skills:
• To have knowledge and experience of working with children with SEND
• To liaise with outside agencies and attend related meetings
• Good communication and team work skills.
• Secure experience of support and guiding children in the EYFS curriculum
• Knowledge of makaton or other strategies used for non-verbal children
• A passion and commitment to children achieving their potential.
• Reliability and good organisation skills
• Good understanding of attachment and social/emotional needs
• Excellent knowledge and experience of speech and language development
The contract is for 27.5 hours per week – 8.45am – 3.15pm - Monday to Friday.
Job Type: Teaching Assistant Level 2
Expiry: 31st April 2020
Employer: Knowle Park Primary School
Start Date: September 2019
Contract: Full -time
Salary: BG5 Scale 13- 15 ( £16,491 - £17,072) ( Pro rota) Contract Type: Fixed Term 31st April 2020
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th June @12.00 midday
Short listing: Wednesday 26th June
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd July
Knowle Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.