Knowle Park Primary School
Special Needs Learning Support Assistant
Length of contract: 1st Sept 2019 – 31st August 2020. Extension of the contract is dependent on Top Up funding being secured.
Our supportive and friendly primary school are looking for a patient, flexible and resourceful person to join our caring, committed, Learning Support Team and to work within the key stage 1 team working 1:1 with a named child. The job requires the following skills:
• To have knowledge and experience of SEND needs especially Autism
• To have knowledge and experience of special needs within a school setting
• To liaise with outside agencies and attend related meetings
• To communicate with parents daily
• Knowledge of writing, reading and phonic development
• A passion and commitment to children achieving their potential.
• Reliability and good organisation skills
The contract is for 17.5 hours per week. Term time only.
Monday – Friday 8.45 – 12.15pm
Job Type: Teaching Assistant
Expiry: Dec 31st 2020
Employer: Knowle Park Primary School
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Salary: Bristol grade 5, scale pt 12. Salary £15,523 - £16,572 (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed Term to 31st August 2020
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th June @12.00 midday
Short listing: Wednesday 26th June
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd July
Knowle Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.