We have a vacancy for a
Learning Support Assistant
For our Autism Unit
until the end of the Summer Term 2021
1 day per week on a Wednesday (possibility of extra hours) term-time only
Grade 5, £ 18,933 (£2572.22 actual salary)
We are a friendly and successful community village primary school looking to appoint a LSA to work in our Autism Unit. This position would be to start as soon as possible. We have 2 Unit classrooms,
• The support of a strong and committed team
• Well-behaved confident pupils
• Well resourced, stimulating environment
• Training opportunities
• Experience of working with children in a learning environment
• Commitment and enthusiasm
• Appropriate levels of literacy and numeracy
• To support pupils with a diagnosis of severe autism, working towards targets set by the class teacher
• To assist with the assessment process and report these assessments to the class teacher
• To assist with the preparation of materials for teaching
• The supervision of pupils at break times and/or dinnertimes and to follow behaviour support plans as directed by unit staff (pay includes ½ hr lunchtime cover).
Please contact the school for further details, a job description and application form can be found on eteach.
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory DBS clearance. Please visit our school website if you would like to view the ‘Privacy Notice for Job Applicants’.
Closing date: Monday 7th December,9am
Interviews: Wednesday 16th December
If you apply for this position and do not hear anything from us by 14th December 2020, please assume you have not been successful.