RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
PONTYCLUN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Palalwyf Avenue, Pontypridd CF72 9EG
SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT / 1:1
20 Hours per week – Term Time Only (10 am –2 pm Monday- Friday)
Salary – Grade 3 - £18,065 x 47.27%
The Governing Body of Pontyclun Primary School requires a Special Needs Supervisory Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil. You must be committed to providing a safe environment for pupils.
You will be: -
- ensuring that the pupil concerned is integrated into the mainstream of the school under the leadership of the Headteacher.
- supervising the pupil whilst they move around the school, during short breaks and lunchtimes.
- assisting in teaching independent skills, appropriate social interaction and social behaviour both in and out of the classroom.
- contacting parents, transport, Personnel, School Nurse, under the direction of the teacher in charge.
- working flexibly under the direction of staff.
- reporting incidents or hazards, that may lead to injury, to the schools health and safety officer.
- assisting with classroom supervision in emergency situations where children have to be removed.
Tell us how you match your skills and knowledge to the job requirements:-
• You are able to log incidents and report to the teachers etc.
• You have had experience working with children.
• You are willing to attend training and you are prepared to work outdoors and indoors.
• Working within a team is essential for this role to be successful.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council
Pontyclun Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.