We are looking to appoint an experienced learning support assistant to work with an individual child with speech and language needs from September 2019. The position is part time, mornings during term time only.
The successful candidate will be required to support a child with additional needs, in order to enable them to fully access the teaching and learning to reach their potential. At times, this will include working with individual groups of children, both in and outside of the classroom, under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO.
Due to the nature of funding for children with Special Needs this post is classified as temporary but will continue in line with available funding.
We are seeking an inspirational staff member who has:
- Experience in working with children with special needs, in particular with children with S & L needs.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills - equivalent GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Experience of working with primary aged children within a learning environment.
- An ability to work well as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff.
We can offer:
• Happy and well-motivated staff and Teaching Assistants in all classes.
• A positive learning environment within a supportive team
• Well-resourced classrooms, flexible ICT facilities, extensive playing fields
• A commitment to continued professional development
• Supportive parents/carers and Governors
• Delightful and well behaved children who like coming to school The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to motivate all pupils to enjoy their learning and strive for excellence
• The ability to involve pupils in their own learning and assessment
• High expectations of pupils’ achievements and behaviour
• Commitment to working as part of a team
• Willingness to become involved in all aspects of school life
• Enthusiasm, energy and a sense of fun and enjoyment
The Ofsted Inspection in February 2008 graded the school as outstanding in all aspects. Visits to the school warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please telephone the school office.
Wallace Fields Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.