Two Special Needs Teaching Assistants
The Governing Body and Head Teacher wish to recruit two Special Needs assistants to work with children on a 1:1 basis to support teaching and learning within our school.
The successful candidates will:
• Support a child on a 1:1 basis
• Work with the class teachers in supporting teaching and learning
• Inspire and engage children creatively in the learning process
• Have a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• Be committed to our school and maintaining effective relationships within our school community
• Be committed to the happiness , wellbeing self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
• Be willing to participate fully in the life of the school
• Preferably be a practising Catholic or willing to support the ethos and practices of our Catholic school
• Have experience working with children with additional needs
We can offer:
• A happy, friendly, welcoming family with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos
• Children who are committed, enthusiastic and engaged in their learning
• Professional and dedicated staff and Governors
• A strong commitment to quality induction & excellent CPD.
For further information and/or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on: 0113-2930318 or e-mail see advert attached for full details.
All applicants must complete a CES application form which can be requested from the Business Manager and returned to the school addressed to the Head Teacher.
Noon on Tuesday 1st December 2020
Interviews: Monday 7th December 2020
The diocese of Leeds is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
St Nicholas Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.