Silverwood School – Trowbridge campus
Silverwood School is a new maintained co-educational special school for pupils aged 4 to 19 years. We formed in September of 2020 with campuses in Chippenham, Trowbridge and Rowde: former schools of St Nicholas School, Larkrise School and Rowdeford School.
We have an ambitious vision to create a truly integrated and inclusive system of outstanding education for all young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Wiltshire. Wiltshire are investing in a £33 million new build at one site to create state of the art centre for SEND education, health, and care and training focusing predominantly on pupils with complex SEND.
Our inclusive system of excellence will seek to re-balance and improve educational provision for all children and young people with SEND, including those currently in mainstream schools and resource bases or in other alternative provision. Offering local, community based SEND provision across a wide area from its new inception. It will also deliver high quality training and expertise to a wide range of SEND settings across the county.
If you are a dynamic, inspirational, highly motivated, resourceful and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant and are looking for a new challenge and to be part of something new and exciting, we would very much like to hear from you.
- EYFS / KS1 Teaching Assistants x 4
- Required to start September 2021.
- Grade F (pt. 9-11) (£10.83p/h to £11.50p/h) (£20,903 - £22,183p/a pro-rata) and dependent on experience
- 30hrs p/w (8.45am/9am to 3.30pm/3.45pm and 45mins lunch break)
We are looking for applicants who have experience working with children and the EYFS Framework, who would be able to take action to support Silverwood School to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating and to ensure children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures. We are also looking for:
- a confident applicant who is keen to learn to use our on-line journey system
- a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic pupils who enjoy learning.
- A friendly and supportive school community
- An inclusive and caring ethos.
- Good professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of our successful journey.
If you think you tick all of the above, we would like to hear from you!
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by prior arrangement.
Please note that this appointment is subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks. Silverwood School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils.
Please visit our website for full details and an application pack (Larkrise School, Trowbridge) alternatively, please email the admin team at Larkrise School.
Completed applications should be returned by 12 noon on 21st May ‘21. Interviews will be held on 26th May ’21.
Silverwood School is an amalgamation of 3 special schools in Wiltshire. The three campuses of Silverwood School are known as Chippenham Campus (formerly St. Nicholas School), Rowde Campus (formally Rowdeford School) and Trowbridge Campus (Formally Larkrise School) it also incorporates Popular College in Chippenham.
Silverwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.