Llanedeyrn Primary School
Wellwood, Llanedeyrn, Cardiff, CF23 9JN
‘Together we can all succeed’
Headteacher: Mr I James
Age range: 3-11 years
Post Ref: ED50051848
Special Resource Base Teacher required (0.6 Monday to Wednesday) to cover maternity leave from January 2021
MPS Pay grade (+2SEN)
The Headteacher and Governing Body of this inclusive, vibrant and improving Primary School are seeking to appoint an innovative and conscientious teacher to work part time (0.6) in our infant Special Resource Base (Reception to Year 2). The position will start in January 2021 as a maternity cover.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner who continually strives to improve the teaching and learning that occurs within their classroom;
• Have a wide range of knowledge and experiences in supporting pupils with complex learning needs;
• Demonstrate high expectations of themselves and of children to ensure all pupils reach their potential;
• Create a stimulating learning environment;
• Demonstrate excellent positive behaviour strategies;
• Be able to work as part of a dedicated team;
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Use innovative materials and resources such as ICT to enhance pupil learning;
• Contribute to whole school life;
Our School will offer you:
• Children who enjoy learning and are positive about school life;
• Committed stakeholders including pupils, parents, carers, staff, governors and others
• Opportunities to develop professionally and personally;
• Hard working, supportive and caring work colleagues;
Prospective candidates are welcome to contact the Headteacher for further details and to make an appointment to visit the school.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share and for NQTs.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed applications to be posted to the school at the above address or emailed
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date
Closing date is Monday 30th November 2020 at 12:00p.m.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a formal interview via Zoom or Teams on Friday 4th December 2020.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.