Portland College is a vibrant national college for people with a wide range of disabilities and associated learning difficulties. We are situated in a beautiful, 32-acre campus in Sherwood Forest.
This role will primarily to carry out planned electrical improvements and ad hoc electrical maintenance on site but will also assist in securing buildings and more general small maintenance work (decoration, carpentry, plumbing, roofing, etc.) as the varying workload requires. You will carry out maintenance of buildings and the wider estate to provide a pleasant and safe environment for all students, staff and visitors.
This specialist role requires an applicant with at least a level 3 NVQ in electrotechnical services or electrical installations who is competent to:
• Diagnose and rewire faults in commercial and domestic electrical systems across lighting, heating, CCTV and alarms
• Identify and order replacement parts
• Undertake routine and preventative maintenance and testing on installed systems
• Ensure new lighting, fire, and security installations are completed to manufacturer standards and compliant with latest edition regulations
• Ensure work complies with building regulations and follows all safety requirements
• Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC requirements
You will work as part of a small team and be required to work flexibly within that team. You will have good customer services skills and be aware of and committed to the College Safeguarding procedures. You will adhere to Health and Safety best practice and report any near misses immediately. You will be aware of Fire Regulations, Emergency and Evacuation procedures and coordinate with emergency services.
If this sounds like you please complete the application form and return it to the HR department by the closing date.
If you have any questions about this role please do not hesitate to contact us for an informal chat.
Portland College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.