Job Vacancy: Temporary [1 year contract – academic year]
Specialist Intervention & Cover Teacher [RQTs & Experienced Teachers welcome]
MPS 2-6 [If applicable dependent on skills and/or experience]
Required for October 2020
The governors of this outstanding Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, committed & highly motivated teacher to join their hard-working, dedicated staff team. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher who is able to fit into & contribute to the whole school team. The role will require an individual who is able to skillfully provide targeted support & intervention in Reading, Phonics, Writing & Mathematics. In addition to this, high-quality cover teaching will provided in different year groups across the school. Dependent on skill-set & experience there are opportunities for an individual to further develop their leadership & management skills in an innovative & forward thinking school.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Strongly committed to enriching the Catholic life of our school
• An exemplary classroom practitioner with an excellent understanding of the Primary curriculum and experience of teaching, across KS1 & KS2
• Proven track-record of ensuring accelerated progress & attainment for all pupils
• A highly skilled teacher of Reading, Phonics, Writing & Mathematics across the Primary Age-Range
• Proven to ensure accelerated progress with all pupil groups, particularly disadvantaged & vulnerable groups
• Experienced in planning & delivering high-quality intervention sessions
• Inclusive, nurturing & caring in their approach
• Inspiring and reflective in their classroom practice
• Committed to fostering high standards of academic achievement and behaviour
• Flexible and creative with excellent communication skills
• Able to inspire and support our dedicated team
• A highly organised, motivational and proven team player
• Keen to further develop classroom practice and leadership skills
We can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued
• Fantastic, motivated children who are eager to learn
• A collaborative, supportive working environment and positive ethos
• A warm, friendly & talented staff team who will support you.
• Inclusive and innovative practices, working alongside other Catholic schools & wider teaching school partnerships.
• A Leadership Team that are committed to supporting & developing you
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Commitment to the achievement of high standards
• We warmly welcome & encourage applicants to come & visit St Margaret Mary’s to see the school, discuss the position & meet Mr Sutton, the Headteacher. [This will be different given the circumstances that we are operating in]
• If you wish to make an appointment to visit the school, please contact Mrs Byrne, who will arrange a mutually convenient time.
(see attached advert for details)
Closing date: on Tuesday 29th September 2020 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: on Wednesday 30th September 2020
Interviews & Observations: Week commencing 5th October 2020
St Margaret Mary’s are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all of our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks.
The successful candidates will be required to sign the Catholic Education Service contract of employment in order to maintain and promote the Catholic character of the school.
St Margaret Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Therefore, all posts at the School are be subject to Enhanced CRB Clearance.