Ellesmere College is a large, aspirational special school located in the City of Leicester
Ellesmere College provides education for up to 426 children and young people, from 4 to 19 years, with a range of moderate to complex learning difficulties.
This is a very exciting time for Ellesmere College as we are expanding from 1 site to 3 sites spread across the city. Our new sites will provide bespoke educational opportunities for our Post-16 students and our students with the most complex needs, in particular those with communication and interaction difficulties including complex autism.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, flexible, enthusiastic, committed and self motivated group of staff who have an innovative and creative approach to their teaching which ensures children and young people who have a range of special educational needs achieve the best possible learning outcomes. We are looking for the best as we continue our journey towards outstanding.
- Is a supportive and friendly environment committed to staff and student wellbeing.
- Offers a high quality professional development programme.
- Has a committed and enthusiastic staff and governor team.
- Is a school where partnerships with home and other agencies are seen as vital in supporting individual students to achieve their full potential.
- Is a place where excellence is the norm.
Specialist Provision/Therapies Co-Ordinator (Rowans Site)
Starting January 2022
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to lead on specialist provision/therapies in our bespoke 6th Form provision. Under the guidance of the Executive Leadership team and Head of Centre, your role will be to develop and embed
specialist provision for our 6th form students. This will include:-
- Work Experience
- Supported Internships
- Enterprise Opportunities
- Playing an integral part in the day to day running of the 6th form
- Taking lead in reviewing EHCP’s
Candidates will need the following experience and qualities:-
- Experience in a special school at Middle Leader level
- Evidence of being an excellent classroom teacher in a special school
- Experience of maintaining and reviewing EHCP’s
- Experience of closely working with professionals from other agencies
- Evidence of CPD at NPQML level or equivalent
Closing Date for Applications: 30th September 2021 at 9am
Interview Date: 6th October 2021
How to Apply: Through the E-teach web-site. Please also submit a supporting letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, explaining why you are the right person for the post.
Ellesmere College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to adhere to this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.