0.4FTE Specialist Qualified Teacher (job share), but we would also welcome applications from Unqualified Teachers
Larkrise School is a school for pupils aged 4 to 19 with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, including challenges due to Autism. At present we have 97 students on roll and due to rise.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and resilient teacher to join a supportive team of professionals who strive to provide an irresistible invitation to learn. We need an outstanding and experienced practitioner who is skillfull in designing and organising differentiated learning:
• Do you appreciate and celebrate learning wherever it takes place?
• Can you identify, promote and implement relevant student Life Skill Courses, such as ASDAN and Open Awards?
• Can you motivate a student who finds social interaction a challenge?
• Can you always calmly respond to a students’ needs?
• Can you celebrate all learning – the small but huge steps of progress?
• Are you ready to take a risk and believe in a student?
You will need to be a willing and inquisitive learner yourself and have the ability to work as a team within your class room and the wider school. The successful candidate will be expected to lead a curriculum area.
Contract type: 0.4FTE/Permanent
Closing date: Thursday 7th November 2019
Interview date: w/b 11th November 2019
Commencement date: ASAP
Larkrise School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Larkrise School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.