Specialist Resourced Provision Teaching Assistant
An exciting opportunity has risen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning in our Specialist Resourced Provision.
This role is based in our Specialist Resourced Provision, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Start date: as soon as possible
Vision: Lime Tree Primary is a sustainable school at the centre of an inclusive community, where all members are reflective, life-long learners who have a healthy body, healthy brain and healthy heart. Our warm loving community celebrates diversity, tolerance and inclusivity. Within this loving, compassionate environment, we find that teaching and learning are all the more effective right across the curriculum. We have a great team of staff, new facilities and happy children.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Have experience working with children with special educational needs, particularly ASD.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Amazing facilities and resources in a new building
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- previous experience working with children with SEND.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Lime Tree Primary is a sustainable school with excellent transport links with both buses and trains direct to London Waterloo Station. We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The safeguarding of the children in the nursery is of the utmost importance and the offer of a post will be subject to the issuing of an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references. Appointments subject to: Disclosure Barring Service clearance, 2 Satisfactory References, Medical Clearance, Verification of qualifications, Satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probationary service. Unsuccessful candidates will not be notified.
Closing date & shortlisting: Wednesday 1st September at midday
Interviews: Tuesday 7th September - time to be confirmed
Please complete the attached application form. CVs will not be considered.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.