SEN Specialist Teaching Assistant – Point 6
Salary: £19,171 pro rata per annum
Actual Salary: £10,992 per annum
24 hours per week (Monday – Friday term time only)
Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
Kingshill Church School is looking to appoint, as soon as possible, a Teaching Assistant to support a child in the reception year with Smith Kingsmore Syndrome. This is a fixed term appointment until 31 August 2021. The post is dependent on external “top up” funding and would cease if the child leaves the school or if funding is withdrawn.
The successful candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated to support a child with additional needs in class and in 1:1 programmes
- Experienced in working in Early Years/Key Stage One and able to successfully support learning
- Able to deliver 1:1 programmes as advised by external agencies
- Able to deliver and track the child’s EHCP Plan
- Able to support good inclusion
- Able to attend to the child’s physical needs
- Able to work in a team but also able to work independently and use initiative
To support this child, the successful candidate will need to have the following personal qualities:
- The ability to build a strong relationship with the child
- Good observational skills
- Knowledge of child development
- Good communication skills
- Physical capability
We can offer you:
- Appropriate training
- A friendly and successful school
- A caring and supportive school community in a rural setting
- A commitment to learning for children and staff
- A creative approach to learning
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include: a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office to arrange an after school appointment (socially distanced)
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 30 October 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Bath & Wells MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kingshill Church School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.