SPECIALIST TEACHING & LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT - 2 Posts
Grade & Scale point: 4, SCP 5 - 7
Salary: £19,312 - £20,092 Full time equivalent
£14,731 - £15,326 Actual salary
Hours of work: 33 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Term-time +5 training days
Start date: January 2022
Humber Education Trust are opening a new special school in Hull for pupils aged 3-19 years with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) in 2023.
The first cohort for the new school will be based in temporary accommodation within Frederick Holmes school from January 2022. This will be a primary class of 8-10 pupils.
We are seeking to appoint 2 Specialist Teaching & Learning Support Assistants to support the Class Teacher in ensuring all of the children meet their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that plans and opens the new school.
• Contribute to planning and evaluation of learning, providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on learners’ attainment, progress, behaviour and attitudes to learning
• Supervises and provides specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals and groups of learners understanding clearly how children, young people and vulnerable adults with complex and Special Educational Needs learn
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
• Sets challenging and demanding expectations and promotes self-esteem and independence
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)
• NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
• Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
• Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
• Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
If you believe in the children in Hull, are passionate about our community and truly want to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
• Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
• A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
• Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
• Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
• A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
• Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
Visits to our school are welcome by appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Friday 15 October 2021
Interviews to be held: Friday, 22 October 2021
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact: Berni Moorcroft, Executive Head, at Frederick Holmes School.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Frederick Holmes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.