About The Service
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic HLTA to work within the Cardiff Inclusion Service Learning Support Team. We work with a wide range of settings across Cardiff supporting children and young people from Reception to Y14 with learning needs to enable them to achieve as best they can and support Cardiff.
About the job
The successful applicant will join and support a team of experienced and enthusiastic Specialist Teachers with individuals and groups of children with severe and complex learning needs which include dyslexia and dyscalculia. You will be expected to support pupils within a wide variety of settings within Cardiff Local Authority under the supervision of a Specialist Teacher and provide admin support to the team.
What We Are Looking For From You
We are looking for someone who:
• Has an understanding of the range of specific learning difficulties which include dyslexia and dyscalculia, and/or experience of supporting children with severe and complex learning needs.
• Level 2 qualification in English/Literacy and Mathematics/Numeracy or above e.g. GCSE grade C and above plus NVQ level 3 or relevant professional qualification
• A good communicator with families, children, young people and other professionals and has enthusiasm for supporting every child/young person achieve their full potential in all educational settings
• Excellent time management, organisational and ICT skills
• Professional, hard-working, proactive, reliable, take direction and have the capacity to work under pressure
• Have a driving licence and daily access to a car so as to be able to visit different settings as required
If you require further information about this post or would like an informal conversation, please contact Jan Frost.
This post is temporary until 31st August 2022.
This post is term time and will work 10.3 hours per week, 39 weeks of the academic year (1st September to 31st August). The salary shown however relates to 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and will therefore be pro-rata’d accordingly.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Jan Frost.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. We also cannot accept application forms by post
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.