Salary: £28,658 - £30,395 FTE
Contract: Part time and permanent. 25 hours a week to be used flexibly to meet the needs of the students. 38 weeks a year.
Location: Across main City of Bristol College Sites
Role: Specialist tutor (SpLD)
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Specialist tutor (SpLD). This position is part time, will be based across the college and will provide specialist study skills support to students with specific learning difficulties (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD, and /or to students with autism spectrum condition (ASC). Teaching duties will also include a proportion of small group work.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
You will be responsible for providing high quality targeted intervention to students across the college to enable students to enhance the success they enjoy at City of Bristol College. You will also support teaching / support staff to embed high quality first wave interventions across the college and actively promote an inclusive classroom ethos.
The role will involve providing…:
- High quality targeted intervention
- Providing support / guidance to teaching / support staff to promote good practice
- To support the college with EAA assessment during busy times.
- Ensuring student progress is recorded to give an accurate reflection of the impact of interventions.
- Deliver high quality CPD relevant to skill set.
- To ensure consistency of support across all college sites
We are looking for someone with experience of working with: a broad range of SEND with a specialism in SpLD, proven track record of effective interventions, identifying students who could be in need of assessment, a great team player who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: 29 August 2019
Interview date: 6 September 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.