Salary: £22,354 – £31,213 per annum (FTE £26,419 - £36,889)
Scale R5 – R7, Range 27-50
Hours: Full (37 hours) or Part-Time hours considered, Term-Time Only
Brantridge School is a special academy located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for up to 54 boys (age 6-12 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
We are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist who has in-depth understanding of the impact of social communication difficulties on pupil progress and achievement. Ideally, you will have experience of working with pupils with relevant complex learning difficulties, which include challenging behaviour and will be responsible for supporting the Principal in managing and developing the blended teaching and therapy approach within the school, whilst holding a caseload of pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with pupils with complex learning difficulties;
- Has knowledge of SEN including ASC/SLI/ADHD;
- Has high level, in-depth understanding of the impact of social communication difficulties on pupil progress and achievement;
- Is enthusiastic and strongly motivated to join a multi-disciplinary team;
- Has experience of providing intensive specialist support;
- Demonstrates an innovative and flexible working style;
- Has some experience of delivering therapy within the education sector;
- Is passionate about high quality education and support for children of all abilities;
- Is a reflective practitioner;
- Can work effectively with a range of professionals to achieve the best outcomes for the children;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Behaviour Management training will be provided.
For more information please contact Diane Brazier, School Business Manager by email. Contact details are in the attached job advert.
To apply, please send your completed application form to the email address provided.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: Thursday 29th August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.
Brantridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will require an Enhanced DBS check with Barred List Check.