Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children with speech, language and communication difficulties. We acknowledge specific strengths and support individual vulnerabilities, so that each child “blossoms” and has the opportunity to fulfil his or her potential.
Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist (Maternity Cover)
Band 5 or 6 equivalent (AfC)
Salary range from £27,100 upwards dependent upon qualifications and experience
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our multi-disciplinary team at our main School in Motspur Park for children aged 3 – 19 (initially working a combined primary and secondary caseload). Our vision is to offer more children in a wider geographical area the opportunities that attending our School can provide and due to this expansion, we need you!
If you are passionate about giving young people the right chances that will help to shape their future, then apply as you are the therapist we are looking for!
- The opportunity to work alongside an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists and Music Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a large and diverse SLT department of over 30 SLTs.
- Small group, 1:1 and in class work opportunities.
- Small caseloads and the opportunity to deliver therapy and see outcomes achieved.
- Opportunity to design bespoke intervention packages for children based on your professional judgement.
- NQT package including regular clinical supervision and support to complete your competencies
- Generous continued professional development package.
- Great staff benefits and a friendly, caring environment.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- An ability to work closely with Therapists from other disciplines in order to integrate SLT goals into the educational setting.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Knowledge of clinical assessment, treatment planning and implementing, preferably paediatric, therapy programmes.
- An independent approach and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of standardised assessment and clinical observation.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
This is a maternity cover role (12 months) with 9 weeks holiday plus applicable bank holidays.
Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00
Closing Date: Friday 6th December 2019, 10am
Interviews: Week commencing 9th December 2019
Applicants will need to complete an application form detailing how they meet the requirements of the person specification, along with the application activity detailed.
For further information, please contact:
Jude Bellair, on the main school telephone number.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks, which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.