Eagle House School (Mitcham) is an independent specialist day school for young people aged 4 to 11 years with an autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s syndrome and associated social & communication difficulties.
We are currently seeking a Band 5/6 Speech and Language Therapist wishing to work in a school setting, to join our multi-disciplinary team of professionals, including speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, behaviour support specialists and assistant psychologists. You will be required to work on a full time basis (8.15am to 4.15pm, 5 days a week) plus four weeks during the school holidays. Supervision and opportunities for CPD will be provided and based on annual appraisal reviews.
Main responsibilities will involve:
Assessment and intervention planning
- Group and individual therapy as required
- Working within classes and providing consultative support as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Development and implementation of training for staff and other professionals
- Curriculum development
- Report writing and record keeping
We are looking for Speech & Language Therapist who are:
Highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has relevant experience of working with young people with special needs, including autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s syndrome and Social, emotional and mental health need is desirable
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Is RCSLT and HCPC registered
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
If successful, we can offer you:
- Membership of Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for CPD
- Membership of Our private Health Care Plan
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department. CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Eagle House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.