North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils experiencing social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our Speech and Language Therapy Team
You will work in school under the direction of the Lead Speech and Language Therapist, delivering intervention to enable students to develop their speech, language and communication skills. Your role as a Speech and Language Therapist will be to plan, provide and further develop an integrated Speech and Language Therapy service to the pupils in both our primary and secondary settings.
You will work closely with the Lead Speech and Language Therapist to manage and prioritise caseloads according to the needs of the students. You will receive regular coaching, mentoring and line management support from the Lead Speech and Language Therapist.
As a Speech and Language Therapist you will need to gain knowledge of relevant background information for the students in order to conduct communication assessments and aims for Individual Education Plans.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum. Actual Salary £24,964-£28,065.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- RCSLT and HCPC membership
- A professional Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working within the RCSLT clinical guidelines and HCPC standards.
- Experience of working with children or young people in an educational setting
- Experience of working with children or young people with SEMH
- Experience or knowledge of delivering provision through the EHCP process
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression to the right person.
Please refer to the job description and employee specification attached.
Interviews will take place week beginning 14th February 2022
The Trust Board staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.