Salary – BG9 £25,481-£27,741, Actual Salary £22,183-£24,151 per annum
Hours - Mon – Fri, 37 hours per week (Mon 8am – 4.30pm, Tues/Weds/Thurs 8am – 4pm, Fri 8am – 3.30pm)
Contract – Permanent, term time only plus inset days
Application Deadline: Monday 7th June 2021 at Midday
Interview Date: Friday 11th June 2021
Start Date: September 2021
We are delighted to be in a position to appoint a Speech and Language Therapy Teaching Assistant to complement the work of our in school Speech and Language Therapists, working directly under the SENDCO. This role will be varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals to work in a busy environment.
• Planning and delivering interventions to small groups and whole classes.
• Being responsible for pupils’ progress and maintaining accurate records.
• Supporting and delivering staff continual professional development.
• Working with a wide range of professionals to support children’s progress.
• Attend and contribute to meetings with outside agencies.
• Deliver whole class sessions to support speech, language and communication.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSEs at least Grade C or above in English and Maths, plus three other subjects at Grade C or above.
• A Levels, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field.
• Qualification or training in relevant areas linked to Speech and Language Training (or willingness to undertake training).
• Experience working with children in education, social care or a health/therapeutic environment.
• Experience working with Special Educational Needs.
• Proven ability to work independently and within a team.
• Excellent communication skills to promote and develop effective working relationships.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• Flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to learning, development and to work across the whole primary department.
• Commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school including knowledge and experience in applying legislation and practices involved in safeguarding and child protection.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development including training and coaching.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
Further information on the role and person specification can be found on the attached documents.
Please contact Lacey Flook (SENDCO) at the school for more details.
Fluency Duty: The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.