£26,124 per annum
37.5 hours a week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will be joining a highly motivated team, committed to the highest quality of teaching and learning, informed by outstanding research
- You will oversee the operational running of our sport science laboratories, which include a human performance laboratory, biomechanics laboratory and teaching kitchen.
- You will support commercial activities in the laboratories including marketing, testing and report writing.
- The role will involve the preparation, maintenance, calibration and safe-keeping of laboratory equipment
- You will need to be comfortable working with and using specific sport and exercise physiology and biomechanics equipment. This will further involve demonstrating this equipment to students and other users as part of the taught provision or in support of research and consultancy projects. As such, the post involves working closely with the academic staff to deliver an excellent laboratory experience for all users
- You will have experience of working in a sport and/or exercise laboratory setting and will be ideally able to perform technician duties
- You will be a strong team player, have excellent administration skills and a willingness to engage with external partners and industry
- You will be expected to ensure that sports students have access to excellent vocational learning experience within the laboratory environment
- You will possess a postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject area and demonstrate a willingness to develop a record of practice and/or research is Sport and Exercise Sciences.
- You will have a BASES Supervised Experience qualification or be working towards this currently.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to see full details and to apply online or telephone Hartpury's HR Team to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st September 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.