Braunstone Community Primary School
Level 3 Apprenticeship - 18 months
37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, inspiring and highly motivated sports apprentice who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences and safeguarding.
You will receive a blended method of learning including Tutor Coach visits, remote learning and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 Diploma In Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To coordinate activities, including training and managing the sports leader programme.
- To set up the playground with equipment before break and lunchtime begins and to clear away equipment after
- To support the Sport coach or teacher in the delivery of all PE sessions and after school activities
- To report the progress of sports within school to the Sports Coach
- To work with the Sports Coach on administrative tasks e.g. letters for fixtures, clubs, risk assessments on Evolve.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• GCSE in Math and English, or equivalent (essential)
• an enthusiastic energetic nature and a keen interest in all aspects of physical education and sport, committed to supporting the development of sport and PE in an educational setting.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Braunstone Community Primary School is a two-form entry school that sits proudly in its community. Our vision is BELONG, CARE, PERSEVERE, SUCCEED. Everything that the children and staff do at our school, has these core values as the golden thread. The future of this school is extremely exciting and our innovative curriculum encompasses the community in which it serves and will empower our children to be as successful as possible in the wider world.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
Closing date for applications is the 25th March 2021 (11:59am)
Interview date: To be confirmed
Start Date: 12th April 2021 or sooner, pending relevant checks
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.