Location: Danemill Primary School
Salary: Grade: 6 (£19,701 to £20,094 full time equivalent)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon – Thurs (8:30am – 4:30pm) and Friday (9:00am – 4:30pm)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sports Coach to be a proactive integrated member of the School Staff team to deliver high quality sport provision and coordinate PE across the school
- Assist teaching staff and/or other specialist staff in devising and implementing individual learning programmes for particular pupils.
- Plan and deliver activities for the pupils to encourage their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development and assist with teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures, to utilise their skills and create an educational environment in which a pupil's all-round development is achieved in accordance with the School Development Plan and that all children realise their potential.
- You will also be required to provide after school care for pupils in a wide range of sports activities and evening care for pupils in a wide range of extra-curricular activities
We are looking for someone who has:
- Lead Coach: UKCC Level 2 or above or equivalent
- Experience of coaching a range of sports
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures.
For a full job description and person specification, and to assist in your application, please see the documents attached
Why choose us:
At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication, reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to employee assistance programme.
Closing Date for Applications: 18th May 2021 (11:59am)
Interview Date: 25th May 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
Enderby Danemill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).