Easton C of E Academy, a large, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy in Easton, is looking to appoint an enthusiast Sports Coach.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a friendly, talented staff team dedicated to improving outcomes for children in a school with a friendly and supportive ethos. The part time position is working afternoons 17.5 hours a week, term time only plus inset days providing PE and other sporting activities to various year groups followed by sport based after school clubs / activities.
Applicants are invited to apply for this role alongside the Teaching Assistant post which is advertised for mornings if seeking full time employment.
Following a period of rapid improvement, we are now a successful, established, well-regarded, popular school. This has been the result of the hard work of our dedicated staff team, fantastic support from our parent and local community and our ongoing commitment to innovative teaching and learning and curriculum development. In November 2019 we were rated "Good" by OFSTED with an "Outstanding" judgment for the Personal Development of our pupils.
You will have:
- A Level 3 TA qualification (or equivalent) with at least 1 years’ experience of working effectively in a learning / child care setting supporting children with learning
- Relevant Sports Coaching qualification with experience and a knowledge of the learning and play needs of children
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English & Maths, plus at least three other academic subjects
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and responding with appropriate language to build rapport with children from a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Experience of working with children who have additional needs
- Aptitude to develop a knowledge of the role within an education environment
- Flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment
- Communication skills to promote and develop effective working with pupils and colleagues
What we offer:
- the support of a committed leadership team
- the family engagement and network support of DBAT and its academies
- high quality training
- a welcoming, friendly and cohesive staff team
- delightful, appreciative enthusiastic children and the support and encouragement of our friendly and aspirational parents and carers
Email and phone enquiries are encouraged and welcomed.
Closing Date : 9am on Thursday 21st October 2021
Easton CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a robust vetting process including an enhanced DBS check .