Old Basford School in Nottingham requires a Sports Coach commencing 1st September.
Contract Term: Fixed Contract – 1 year
Hours: Full Time (37 hours) or Part Time (22.5 hours) term time only
Salary: Grade D point 6-11 (£20,043-£22,129)
Actual Salary: Full time £17,163-£18,949 per annum
Part time £10,437-£11,523 per annum
Closing Date: Thursday 16th June 9am
Interviews: Monday 20th June
Are you incredibly passionate about sport and the benefits of wellness it can bring?
Do you want to make a difference to young people, filling them with self-belief and determination?
Can you champion individuals, by making strong, professional relationships centred around enthusiasm and participation?
Old Basford School are looking for someone with experience in sports and coaching to become a part of our very special OBS Family!
We are a school that has a proud sporting mindset and an impressive reputation across Nottingham City for both participation and achievement in sport. Our children are eager to be supported by an enthusiastic and hard-working Sports Coach who will continue to maximise our current strong provision for all children in physical activity.
We can offer the successful applicant either full time (8:30-4:30) or part time (12:00-4:30) hours dependant on their preference.
As a Sports Coach, you’ll use your knowledge and skills to work with us to establish the highest quality sports provision; and will continue to help us cultivate a thirst for physical education within vast array of sports.
Old Basford School believes wholeheartedly in our vision that ‘Opportunities Brings Success’; we aim to unearth a talent in each and every child! We are a school full of talented and committed staff who work as a team, knowing that together, our work does change lives.
You will be able to:
- Plan, organise and deliver sports/PE based activities as part of the School Curriculum.
- Enhance pupil’s mindset about physical education through leading activities which support and enrich children.
- Be a positive role model, creating a fun environment in which to motivate and encourage all pupils to actively participate in Physical Education regularly.
- Organise and run a range of after school and lunch time clubs from Monday through to Friday, that reflect different ages and groupings of pupils
- Work as a part of a united team, supported by colleagues, a PE lead, and a pro-sport Headteacher to continue to enhance our well-established sporting culture.
- Provide opportunities for all pupils in increasing physical activity levels and support their positive mental-health.
- Take teams of pupils to enrichment events such as sporting competitions, tournaments and participation festivals allowing individuals the opportunity to shine and represent our school.
- Support our fully inclusive approach to education, allowing all children to access a sporting provision that meets their individual needs.
- Have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour, achievements and a commitment to excellent standards
- Be literate and numerate with excellent communication skills
- Be a positive role model and willing to engage with appropriate CPD
We warmly welcome applications from individuals who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and who thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving.
In return we offer:
- A role where you will be highly valued and supported by a professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- A vast array of sporting equipment, resources and both indoor and outside facilities
- Friendly, polite, well-behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities within the education sector
We would actively encourage visits to our school where you would be warmly welcomed by our Headteacher and staff team.
Please contact the school office to arrange a convenient time to attend.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All posts at Old Basford School are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement. The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
Old Basford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to behave in such a way that supports this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.