Sports Coach Level 1
Temporary until July 2021
Salary: Sp. Pt. 5 - 6 20 hours per week (12 – 4 daily) term time only, £19,312 per annum (£ 8966pro rata)
Heatherbrook Primary Academy is on an exciting journey of rapid school improvement and we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sports Coach to join our team, leading lunchtime sports clubs and delivering pre-planned P.E. sessions and small group coaching with support of teaching assistants.
We are offering:
• excellent support and the opportunity to take part in planned programme of CPD through the MAT
• the chance to transform the educational experience of our enthusiastic children
• the opportunity to become part of a team whose collective aim is to improve the life chances of the nearly 3000 children for whom we are currently collectively responsible
• supportive, hardworking colleagues and Governors who care passionately about our school and the local community
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
• Are you highly motivated and committed to improving life chances for all?
• Are you an excellent Sports Coach who is able to support and challenge pupils in equal measure?
• Are you passionate about the positive influence of sport and exercise on children?
• Do you have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and behaviour?
• Can you use sport to motive and inspire our pupils to achieve?
If you can answer yes to the above then you could be the person we are looking for.
For further details contact the Principal, Jen Mitchell via the school office.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged and can be accommodated outside school hours. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Deadline for applications: 3pm Monday 30th November 2020
Start Date: 4th January 2021
Heatherbrook Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.